All questions are worth 20 points:
- Which permanency option(s) might be easier or harder to accomplish and why?
- Consider all the challenging populations of children that your book has discussed. What do you think would be the most challenging group to work with? Can you identify any additional populations that might be challenging? What might be required to work effectively with the group you chose, working with both the children and the families?
- Why do you believe that children involved with Child Protective Services have a higher risk of substance use?
- In terms of first impressions, what would suggest to you as a CPS worker, that a person might not make a good foster parent and why?
- At what level of prevention (primary, secondary, or tertiary) do you think you can make the most difference as a citizen or CPS worker concerned about child maltreatment in the United States?