The assignment will consist of an essay (3000 words in length) of a subject of your choosing that relates to an aspect of the lecture programme. Your essay should take the form of a question that can be critically addressed within the word count. Themes should develop in response to themes and ideas raised in lectures and workshops. References and citations, bibliography and illustration captions are NOT included in the word count. Aims of the essay The aim of the essay is to demonstrate an understanding of fashion objects and theory, culture and society within a specified historical context.
The assignment will involve:
• Development of a clear research question, which arises from a current fashion ‘issue’
• A breakdown and analysis of the key components of the question selected
• An understanding of the social and historical circumstances in which the discussion is situated
• Reference to and understanding of fashion history and theory.
Overall Structure of the Essay
• Title Page/Cover – including your name, student number and course title, and the essay title
• An abstract (a 250 word summary of the contents/argument – NOT included in the word count)
• Introduction including aims and objectives
• Background and Context with examples
• Theoretical discussion of your examples
• Bibliography (NOT included in the word count) The references in the bibliography must be written in the Harvard Referencing Style, as found here: This includes a link to Cite them Right, which will help you with the referencing style.
#ARTD6128 #Fashion #Theory #Context #Assignment